This simple, inexpensive TEMCo Hammer Lug Crimping Tool can be used to crimp connectors, lugs, terminals, splicers, on #8 (3.264 mm, 8.37 mm2) through #4/0 AWG (11.684 mm, 107 mm2) wire. Spring loaded pin locks in up position for loading connector and cable. When released, the pin holds the connector securely during crimping. Use with a hammer or vice.
How to use crimper
- STEP 1 Place terminal in jaw of crimper. Place stripped wire in terminal.
- STEP 2 With crimper on solid surface, strike crimp ram with hammer 1-2 times.
- STEP 3 When hammer impact feels solid, the crimp is complete.
NOTE: Some crimpers come with a gauge, but with variations in wire, terminal wall thickness and material used, this feature is a recipe for bad crimps. Using the force method above will guarantee perfect crimps every time. Once the terminal completely envelopes the wire, the crimper will not move and when struck will feel "solid".
- Produces perfect, solid crimp terminations every time.
- Black oxide crimp ram won't chip or flake.
- Use with all crimp terminal lugs, including heavy cast lugs.
- Use a hammer, vise or press to apply crimping force.
- Spring loaded ram will help hold the terminal in place while you insert your wire.
- Perfect for battery and welding cables.
- Designed for 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 AWG as well as 1/0, 2/0, 3/0 and 4/0.